Tuesday 8 September 2015

A Labor Of Love Weekend

This past labor day weekend was a hobby-less one for me. Being three days long for the both of us, I promised the old lady at least some level of adventure. The photos that follow are of said adventure. I am by no means a pro with a camera, but I dare say that I'm quite proud of some of the shots I managed. 

Friday night we stayed in, and fired up the ol' charcoal grill. And by ol' I mean brand spanking new. I bought it at the beginning of the summer, and managed to ignore it until the very last weekend of sun! 

We hit up the local farmer's market, and got ourselves some venison sausage, Ontario grown potatoes, zucchini, peppers, and corn. Needless to say it was as delicious as pictured. 



Saturday morning we reheated the left-overs for a bad-ass breakfast to start off the weekend. After that it was off to Orono for some antiquing. It was a lot more fun than it sounds. No really!

About 4 scoops of Kawartha ice cream later we were off to beautiful Omemee to visit the river, and some old stomping grounds. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures.

On the way home we decided to stop at Willowtree farm on a whim.



We checked out the produce, purchased some authentic Canadian maple syrup, strawberries, Jam and such. Then we noticed that this farm had more than one attraction.













 Spent the evening at my moms place in the country. French toast with wonderful Maple syrup for breakfast in the great Canadian outdoors!



My mom's pooches.


For our last day of adventuring we took the 5 minute drive up to Edward's Gardens in Toronto. My camera got a great workout.

"A former Estate garden featuring perennials and roses on the uplands and wildflowers, rhododendrons and an extensive rockery in the valley. Among the formal gardens and brilliant floral displays, there are also rock gardens, a greenhouse, wooden arch bridges, a waterwheel, fountains, and many walking trails." - http://www1.toronto.ca/parks/prd/facilities/complex/473/

Jessie in the jungle.










These two kids were having some kind of photo shoot by the river. I snapped a few shots before anyone could stop me!





Believe it or not all of the photos above were taken by me! I know right? Unbelievable. National Geo hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment