Friday 22 January 2016

Warband Games

I have finally finished painting the starting lineup for the Marienburgers. Up to this point you've seen the five unique characters. It's been a long road to this point, and looking at the remaining 10 or so primed M-burgers is daunting in the truest sense of the word. It is my greatest pleasure to introduce you to the four henchmen: Estelle, Susan, Newman & Costanza.








I will say that I am quite happy with the wood grain effect I was able to accomplish on the crossbows. These four took a mind boggling amount of time to complete. The hours just seemed to fly by; I started at 2:30pm today, and before I knew it my clock read 10:30 pm. I've already spent two other sessions on them, and I'm not really sure if the time I've put in is reflected in their appearance.

Sometimes the ones you finish quickly are the most striking, while the ones you suffer over don't love you back... Here are 2 shots of the gang all together:



Funnily enough tomorrow is the first day of a local Heralds of Ruin Kill Team campaign. The starting team points is set at 250 and I've sorted a list. It looks as follows:

Leader
83pts- Aspiring Champion w/ Jump pack, Powersword, combi-melta, chaos hound, Mark of Slaanesh & 5+ FNP
Special
43pts- Terminator w/ Lightning Claws & Teleporter
43pts- Chosen w/ Lascannon & Targeter
Core
27pts- Raptor w/ Melta Gun
25pts- 5 cultists
25pts- 5 cultist

I have no idea what I'm going to run into as I've never played at this particular shop before, but I fully expect to get my shit pushed in. Anyway I'm excited to actually crawl out of this painting hole and get some gaming in. Here's the squad in all of it's evil glory:


No comments:

Post a Comment